Don,

Since the ATU is still part of the 2.0 Beta, yes, it should technically go
into the FlexEdge.

First, go to the ATU menu by clicking the "ATU" button at the top of
PowerSDR.  What do you have the "SWR Target" and "SWR Successful" fields set
to?

If you want the absolute best attempt to lower the SWR, set "SWR Target" to
1.1.  You may also set the "SWR Successful" lower if you'd like. The the
final SWR is less than "SWR Successful", that result will be saved in
memory.  Also, if you are tuning at nearby frequencies like you are doing,
the ATU will attempt to tune faster based on what it found at surrounding
frequencies, and will save the settings immediately if the SWR is less than
"SWR Successful".  If you would like to avoid this, you can check the "Force
Retune" checkbox, which will strictly tell the ATU to try to meet the SWR
Target.

I would set the "SWR Target" to 1.1 and check the "Force Retune" button to
see if the ATU can actually achieve a better SWR than when in bypass.

Because the ATU was designed to support 160m all the way to 6m, the
performance at 6m is not as impressive due the granularity of the L/C
values.  This is more evident especially at very lower SWR values.

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Don <kd...@sonic.net> wrote:

> Should this have been posted on the Flexedge?
>

> Well, I am also having the same problem.
>

> I put up a 6 meter antenna today and tuned it to 50.125.
>
> At 50.125 the SWR is 1.27:1.
>
> So I went up and down and the SWR varies from 1.21:1 to 2.05:1 at 51.400
>
> I changed frequency at .1 intervals.   So that 50.015 was 1.21:1, 50.1 was
> 1.27:1 and so on up to 51.4 was 2.05:1.
>

> At each interval the ATU did not seem to do anything.  The ATU button did
> stay "on" but when I pressed "Tune" the SWR would be the same as if the ATU
> did not match anything.
>
> In each case when I pressed ATU the tuner seemed to try and tune, relays
> clicked etc..., but no match and in each case the tuning failed at about 61%
> complete.  The tuner stayed
>
> in "ATU" mode and did not switch back to "Bypass".
>

> I am using Win. 7-64 (as Administrator), PowerSDR 2.0.6 and a Flex-3000.
>

> I have no experience with the other HF bands because I don't use the ATU.
>
> For the other bands I use a Palstar BT1500A balanced tuner.  So never tried
> the ATU before.
>

> Don kd6hq
>
>  Freq.   In Bypass (SWR)  In ATU (SWR) Pressing "TUNE"
> 50.015  1.21:1                      1.21:1
> 50.1      1.27:1                      1.27:1
> 50.2      1.32:1                      1.32:1
> 50.3      1.38:1                      1.38:1       etc....

Abed
FlexRadio Systems