I have seen some negative press lately.  Everyone is entitled to opinion and
the right to voice it:  CW keyer issues, SDR 2.0 performance, etc.  I am not
looking to discount these comments at all.

What I WILL comment on is the signal processing of the system.  The superb
performance.

I was in the shack tonight, reading some email and BB posts, when I heard a
very weak CQ on CW.  Something like 339 RST.  I was on the hex antenna
pointed north (fixed direction), so I switched to the dipole facing E/W at
64 feet, no improvement.  Went to the inverted L, no improvement.  Went to
the multi-band vertical, just a tad better.  Narrowed down the bandwidth of
the CW filter, turned on noise reduction, and copied YJ0VK.  He was calling
CQ, nobody answering him.  So I put my 100 watts to work.  After 3 min, he
finally copied my call.  In the log!  Vanuatu.  But the thing is, I was able
to HEAR HIM.  If not for the Flex SDR system, I would never have heard him
on my traditional rigs.

Yes, I used the CWX keyboard like I always do for CW.  It's a small tradeoff
to make in exchange for the amazing receive capabilities of this system.

Thanks, Flex!  15 month owner here, and thrilled with the product for what I
use it for.weak-signal HF/VHF CW DX.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4...@arrl.net