A friend of mine will be undergoing heart surgery soon and he has asked me
to setup his Flex5000C (built in computer) for remote control during his
convalesence. I am not very familiar with the 5000C
The current setup is as follows:
Incoming Fixed IP service=====>Linksys 8 port router======>Serial device
server======>Green Heron RT20 rotor controller
Flex 5000C
Icom 7800======>Icom IC1KL amplifier=======>CT17 level converter
======>Three (3) SteppIR controller
We are removing the 7800 from the system [ He likes the 5000C much better
:-) ]
Here are my questions:
1). What is the most reliable way to run the 5000C remotely from his
"outside the shack" laptop?
2). Can the incoming CW and SSB enter, and the outgoing audio leave,  the
5000C directly through it's LAN connection to/from the router, or must these
be done only through the front-panel Mic, Key, and Headphone connectors?
3). What is recommended for the SSB  link to/from?  Skype on both the 5000C
computer and laptop, IPSond, other?
4). What is recommended for  CW to/from?
5). Can the 5000C directly connect to the CT17 so that the IC1KL and SteppIR
controllers follow the frequency?
6). Can the 5000C software directly control the RT20, or should I leave it
on it's SDS run by PST rotor?
7). What have I not asked?
73, Scott W3TX

=======