I'm feeling old and frustrated! I love the new Flex 5000A receiver but am
having very little luck with digital modes and CW. It's been recommended
that I not use HRD but switch to mini-deluxe which I did. DM780 receives
fine but won't activate PTT. Then I tried Fldigi and found that it had a
very limited number of com port choices which don't match my options. PWRSDR
is set to com 9 here and I do not have PTT enabled. Should I? If so which
com port should it be set to?

 I've had quite a time getting this set up for digital modes and CW, which
still isn't working well. I have to say that I've never had so little on air
time with a new radio. I seem to be spending all my available time trying to
figure out how things work. Sorry to complain but I find it frustrating. Is
there some tutorial somewhere that provides an easy way to set the radio up
for each mode - proper levels, recommended digi mode software etc? Maybe
there is and I just haven't had time to find it.
Rick
W2JAZ