I have just installed Bobsmeter,  with PowerSDR beta v 2.0.8 on my old
SDR1000 and I notice that it reads in the centre of the scale (9 dB over S9
) on band noise with no signal present, whereas the PSDR Signal meter is
below the bottom of the scale. On a local AM BC, Bob's reads +20 db over S9
and the PSDR S meter reads 1 dB over S9.  The BC station sounds distorted
like it is overloading, even with the Preamp set low and AGC-T wound back.
I realize that the AGC and preamp should not affect the S reading and they
don't.  They do drop the reading for the noise on the PSDR S meter, but not
on Bob's meter.
The receiver seems noisy and insensitive on all bands.
Any ideas why this is so?

Barry
VK1BM