Tim,
I connected my HP 8645 Sig gen directly into the Antenna I/P on my SDR 1000,
and tested it at 14.1 MHz and 50  microvolts with PSDR  versions 1.18.6,
2.0.8 and 2.0.16 leaving everything else the same.
I was getting some QRN or QRM static sounds corresponding with the needle
jumping during  the last test - There does seem to be a significant
degradation in performance with version 2 of PSDR on my  SDR1000.
Note: I have just upgraded my station ground and it is not too bad.
I would be most grateful for any advice from you, Brian, or other flexers,
particularly those with SDR1000s.

The radio sounds much better on V 1.18.6 and earlier versions than it does
on the version 2s, where it is insensitive and there is a "motorboating"
noise in the audio.

Cheers,
Barry  VK1BM

PowerSDR V1.18.6
HP 8645  RF Sig Gen
Freq: 14.100 MHz
I/O Level from
Level 50 uV
PSDR Freq 14.1 MHz
AGC - T Full on
Preamp High
PSDR Multimeter -68 dBm
PSDR  Signal  meter     9 (+5)
BobsSmeter      9 (+5)
Observation PSDR and Bob agree on the input levelLeaving the sig gen the
same and switching to PowerSDR v 2.0.8
AGC - T Full on
Preamp High
PSDR Multimeter -95 dBm
PSDR  Signal  meter     5
BobsSmeter      +15 sBover S9
Observation PSDR and Bob agree on the input level
Leaving the sig gen the same and switching to PowerSDR v 2.0.16
AGC - T Full on
Preamp High
PSDR Multimeter -140 fluctuating to  -124 dBm
PSDR  Signal  meter     0(min)  jumping to 1 every 2 secs or so
BobsSmeter      9 dB over S9 jumping to +20 every 2 secs or so
 Observation    QRN static bursts corresponding to meter jumps - weather
effect?
        PSDR reads 9dB lower than Bobs