I should have included Brian's most helpful instructions, so here they are
now, copied from Brian's earlier posting:

I have had my 1500 flatline and appear to brick over the course of alpha
testing. I found that resetting the database (which shuts down PowerSDR),
turning off the 1500, disconnecting the 1500, rebooting Windows, waiting
until everything has started in Windows (30-60 seconds after login appears
complete), reconnecting the 1500, turning the 1500 on, and starting PowerSDR
again, has brought the 1500 back to life.

As just a data point, for versions of PowerSDR that were not totally broken
for the 1500, I found that reinstalling the software was not needed to fix
anything.

FWIW, the new driver for the 1500 has made the 1500 a good performer. When I
am not making an Olivia or Contestia contact (1500 running barefoot) it is
running WSPR. The radio is on and being used almost 24hrs/day now. Its
performance with the new driver has been quite stable.

And then there is the last caveat -- I still run WindowsXP. If you are
running Win7 then YMMV.

--

Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL

3191 Western Dr.

Cameron Park, CA 95682

br...@lloyd.com

+1.767.617.1365 (Dominica)

+1.931.492.6776 (USA)

(+1.931.4.WB6RQN)

I apologize for not posting what Brian said in my earlier email.

73,

Carter

N3AO
Blacksburg, VA