Here's another little tidbit to put cores in practical terms:  I sometimes run
a torture test called Prime 95. which uses FFT calculations to push the AMD CPU
to 100% utilization on all four cores.  Even with all four cores heating up at
100%, I can still run PSDR 2.01.16 with no audio dropouts, clicks, or rasps.
And this is with PSDR set to medium frame rate (25 FPS), with NR engaged, and
at 192k.  Oh yeah- HRD log and HRD DM780 are also running on a second HD
monitor.  And I'm composing this email.  I can, however, cook an egg on my CPU
at 54C unless all the fans kick to high gear.
On the other hand, if I start just one program with a high DPC driver, PSDR
freaks out, gives me quivering panadapter trace, and won't transmit until I
restart.
Jim