On the Heil cable I'm using, the PTT is on pins 5+6.   The mic is on pins
7+8.   Should the barrel of the connector be connect to anything?

*B KK2QQ

-----Original Message-----
From: Bret Mills [mailto:bmil...@ecso.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:57 AM
To: 'Bradley Feldman'
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] New 5000A User - TX Audio (severe distortion)
Issues

Check the HEIL MIC adapter and MAKE sure that the MIC ground goes to the
radio MIC Ground and the PTT Ground goes to PTT Ground on the radio.
On a LOT of the HEIL adapters they wired the ground pins backwards and this
may be the cause of your problems, on Yaesu radios this didn't make much
difference but on the FLEX it makes ALL the difference in the world.
Hope this helps and 73's and Happy Holidays

Bret
WX7Y