Rick,

I agree with Neil,  I think that you are running out of graphics and
suffering from low L2 cache also..   You most likely noticed a drop in the
CPU usage also when the panadapter was stopped.    Another indication that
the graphics is alittle on the short side.    CW is very demanding,  and
needs all the attention that it can get from the system.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ
FlexRadio Systems