Windows updates will reset the driver from Legacy to native.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Brad A. Steffler
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 8:42 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz; Neal Campbell K3NC
Subject: [Flexradio] "Radio not Found" message. Resolved

Hi Neal

Everything you had suggested in your reply had already been done except
checking DEVICE MANAGER which had recognized the Firewire port and had the MS
legacy driver operative.

I cycled the power to the radio and, Viola', the radio started got the
calibration data and started right up so I could hear the powerline noise
easily (and a few QSO's). Why would this happen? When I shut down, I always
stop PowerSDR, wait a few seconds for any file writing and closing, then shut
down the radio, and only then do I clcik on "shut down" which is a function of
the OS. Is my sequence in error? It appears that the calibration data
disappeared - but he radio immediately appeared, and transferred the
calibration data, after I did the power cycling while the PC was on.

Usually I boot the PC, which is lightning fast with the SSD from Abroham Neal,
wait 60 seconds and let NOD32 do its thing and all other devices install, then
I power up the radio and wait about 75 seconds before starting PowerSDR. Is
this sequence incorrect?

Thanks and 73,

Brad A. Steffler
KE4XJ