I've seen comments that the supplied USB cable should not be changed.

I assume this is because the Ferrite Bead on the radio end of the cable is a
requirement of the manufacturer, rather than conductor flip-flopping which
would make it something other than a USB cable.

I need to add length to the cable, but about four feet, so my question is "can
a USB extension" be added to the computer end of the supplied cable without
creating a problem?

The coax entry is in one inside corner of my (bedroom) office, and the computer
is in the same wall, outside corner. The USB cable is a lot easier to string
than the coax and DC power lead.