Jim,

I was wondering what kind of audio distortion you were getting reports of?
One thing about the PR40 and just about all Heil microphones is that you
should not get any closer than 4 inches to the mic,  or 6 inches if you have
a big booming voice,  the lows will get so muffled that it will sound
distorted..

Also did you try the PR40 setting in the Expert Transmit Profiles?  It's a
good place to start.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ