The TCXO used in the 5000A is spec'd at +/-0.5ppm (0.5Hz at 1 MHz) frequency stability over temperature (0-50C). This is +/- 72Hz at 144MHz. Also, the TCXO can drift +/- 1ppm per year as it ages. The amount that a crystal drifts as it ages typically slows down as it gets older, but the manufacturer of this TCXO doesn't provide a spec for that. So, assuming it is on frequency when new, 2M frequencies could drift as much as 144Hz/year. Now add in the fact that most rigs used by 2M ops have less frequency stability than the 5000A, only having to tune +/-100 Hz on 2M isn't bad. I use a rubidium oscillator for an external 10MHz reference. When it is giving a lock indication, the frequency accuracy is better than 5 ppb (5Hz at 1 GHz). So at 144 Mhz, my frequency error is less than 0.72 Hz. I still find myself tuning +/- 100-200Hz for most of the local 2M hams.

73,
Clay  W7CE