From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Gary Robertson
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 2:03 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Unusual Behavior on 12 Meters

I have a Flex-3000, using a new computer (windows7) supplied by Neal. I operate
with an off-center fed dipole up at 40'.

This morning while operating USB on 12 meters, I encountered a problem that I
have not seen before. While in the middle of a normal QSO at 24.950, I suddenly
got an error message up on the screen telling me that I was operating
out-of-band. The radio's VFO changed to 65.000 Mhz and the band selector
changed to GEN. I could no longer transmit. I was running about 600 watts out
of a Tokyo Hy-Power amp at the time with an SWR of less that 1.3 to 1. This
out-of-band error occurred on several occasions, but only on 12 meters.

When I changed to barefoot, I no longer encountered the problem, which makes me
wonder if it is RF related. I have never seen this error occur in the past on
any band, with or without the amp running power.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gary Robertson
W5SAT
groberts...@austin.rr.com