From: br...@lloyd.com [mailto:br...@lloyd.com] On Behalf Of Brian Lloyd
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:59 AM
To: k...@kb4t.us
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] v2.0.19 RC1 CW Selectivity Issue: Bug or Confusion?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Frank Haas KB4T <k...@kb4t.us> wrote:
First the Rig:

Flex 5000a
Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.4 GHZ with 2 GB RAM
Driver set to 192k, 2048, Normal
DSP set to CW 512/512

This is the issue. If you increase the number of samples in the DSP buffer,
you sharpen the filters. Going from 512 to 1024 will make a marked
improvement. Also switching to a lower sampling rate, i.e. 96kHz will help
too. When you switch up to 192kHz sampling you need to double the number of
samples in your DSP buffer to keep the same filter shape. Bump up the number
of samples, drop the sample rate, or both. That will get your razor-sharp
filters back.

The only potential problem you face is that you introduce more delay when
you reduce the sample rate or increase the buffer size. This shouldn't be a
problem unless you are trying to run fast QSK.

Also, you only need to change the RX DSP filter, not the TX.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.