First, understand that very few countries allow ham operation on 60-meters
and, even then, rules vary wildly. Operation isn't channelized in some
countries. Where it is channelized, the frequencies aren't standardized.
5403.5 MHz is the main DX channel because most counties can use it.

On American-sold radios, just click the "60" band button and you'll cycle
through our five channels. In accordance with U.S. rules, transmit is
limited to USB, no LSB, CW or other modes. If you move even one Hz off
channel, the radio won't transmit. Flex radios aren't power-limited on 60
which is the way it should be.

*** Major changes are coming to the band ***

American hams will probably soon get CW and some digital modes on 60.
Channel 3, which has been fairly worthless due to shared digital use, is to
be moved from 5.366.5 MHz. The band power limit will be doubled to 100 watts
ERP as referenced to a dipole. An odd rule has been proposed to require VOX
on SSB to increase channel monitoring as American hams are secondary users.

Flex has an obscure limitation on all bands that can affect 60 meter DXing
(which is quite popular). Hams in some other countries can currently use CW
on 60. I don't believe a single-receiver 5000 can work cross mode. CW
stations have to be worked with the receiver in the sideband mode.

I have no idea how Flex will deal with these planned channel and mode
changes which may get final approval suddenly.

Jeff
K0OD