What are you asking or saying?

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>   if you found any improvement with other than default settings
>
>
> On 2/28/2011 4:47 PM, Ted Trostle wrote:
>
> Well what about them? I did not hear any benefit or improvement tweaking
> them.
>
> Tomorrow's noise level may need other adjustments. As I suggested before,
> a slider setting for NR would be helpful. My ICOM 746 has a variable NR and
> is quite effective.
>
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>  what about gain and leak??
>>
>>
>> On 2/28/2011 4:00 PM, Ted Trostle wrote:
>>
>> On my 3000 I had been having trouble with a "pumping" effect in the audio
>> when selecting NR. I sort of felt that the NR/NB functions of the SDR was
>> falling short of expectation and have been waiting for a future software fix
>> down the road.
>>
>> Today things reached a level where the local noise level was simply
>> unacceptable, so I started tweaking things.
>>
>> What works the best for me was to reduce the NR "delay" to 10 and the RX
>> buffer to 1024. See Set Up, DSP screen.
>>
>> It may not be the best for all, but I hear good improvement and no pumping.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>  --
>> ---------------------------
>> The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy 
>> areplacement.
>> ---------------------------
>> Bill H. in Chicagoland
>> webcams at http://w9ol-towercam.webhop.org
>> weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org
>> live weathercam chat hhweather.chatango.com
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> You cannot change history, but you can make history!
> Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.
>
>
> --
> ---------------------------
> Life is sexually transmitted, and terminal...
> ---------------------------
> Bill H. in Chicagoland
> webcams at http://w9ol-towercam.webhop.org
>
> weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org
> live weathercam chat hhweather.chatango.com
>
>


-- 
You cannot change history, but you can make history!
Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to