Hi Louie,

Both CPDR and DX are settings of a Compander, which means
compressor/expander.  It compresses or expands as needed to increase
average power and works somewhat like an RF clipper.  It can add close
to an S unit of average power.  The human voice has an average power
of only about 15% of peak power, as I recall.  That means for 100W
PEP, your voice might average 15W or so.  The compander allows you to
significantly increase talk power for the same peak output.

DX is actually a higher compression version of CPDR.  It picks up
about where CPDR leaves off.

Note that you will need to readjust microphone gain when you turn on
eather DX or CPDR.  Set the gain so that the ALC meter peaks just
under 0 dB for best audio.

73,
Gerald

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
President and CEO
FlexRadio Systems(TM)
13091 Pond Springs Road, #250
Austin, TX 78729
Phone: 512-535-4713 Ext. 202
Email: ger...@flexradio.com
Web: www.flexradio.com

Tune In Excitement (TM)

PowerSDR(TM) is a trademark of FlexRadio Systems