I'd try it a bit more before coming to any conclusions.  For me, it works
better with this release than any heretofore.  I'm extremely happy with it.
That being said, no notch filter works every time.  Usually, my 5000 will
notch out the offenders without difficulty but occasionally not.  But, come
to think of it, that has been true of every receiver I've ever owned.  And
that is a lot of receivers.

Personally, I wish that contemporary receivers offered both automatic and
manual notch filters but those days seem to be gone forever.

Bill