Band conditions on 20 meters and higher frequencies have been not so good
the past few days. How does the noise look on the panadapter display? Noise
sources like switching power supplies for a variety of things will show up
as a hill of noise at a part of the display, maybe drifting around some. If
you are seeing about the same noise level across the whole band it could be
just band noise and poor band conditions giving you no signals. The no
signals could be just no one getting on the higher bands when you are
listening. During a major contest they can become alive when other times
they look dead.

I hope you can find someone local to work with. They don't have to have a
flex rig, so if you have any ham clubs in your area that might be a good
place to find some help.

73 - Mike WA8BXN