Dear Flexers,

Many thanks to those who have commented on my infrequent post.

I have still not managed to the 1500 I bought in August 2010 to work.

I have tried several machines.... and now have built a PC that meets the spec
quoted on this list and on the pages often quoted.  The machine runs windows 7
64 bit home premium and PSDR point22 version.

Sometimes it will switch on and give about ten seconds of noise in the speakers
then stops,,,,,, I can move the cursopr around and tune and cycle the on/off on
the programme with nothing apparently physically happening.

If I shut the radio down and the shut the programme down and power up it will
sometimes come back ... but then will offer ten seconds of noise and then die.

I tried again today with the newly built PC and the latest software.... which
asked for a firmware update of the 1500.... but still no joy.

Informal advice is suggesting a radio that was DOA back in August.... what say
you?

Regards

Graham G4NMD