Kjeld:

Any sidebands or trash on your 10 MHz reference, that are within the
bandwidth of
the Phase Lock Loop reference multiplier in the DDS will appear on the local
oscillator
in the 1500.  Which means that they will appear on both transmitted and
received signals.

Analog devices does not specify the bandwidth of their DDS reference PLL,
but I assume it is on the order of 1 MHz or so.

So, if you want to preserve the performance of the receiver, the 10 MHz
reference will need to be clean to greater than -80 dBc within a
megaHertz of 10 MHz.  Any spurs that are further away, such as harmonics
of 10 MHz are not an issue.

--- Graham / KE9H

==