On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:04 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
> Best evaluation of the three interfaces I've seen yet. Clear, concise, and
> to-the-point!
>
All except for one very significant thing -- I made a mistake. USB is indeed
differential but it is only half-duplex. So there is only a single pair used
for signaling.
Thank you Lyle Johnson for correcting me. I then did what I should have done
in the first place and downloaded the documents describing USB and checked.
So, while there are advantages to IEEE 1394 over USB, differential signaling
isn't one of them. My apologies.
Ground Differential Transformer
> Isolation decoupling
>
> USB no yes no
>
> IEEE 1394 no yes no
>
> Ethernet yes yes yes
>
>
--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.
Cameron Park, CA 95682
[email protected]
+1.767.617.1365 (Dominica)
+1.931.492.6776 (USA)
(+1.931.4.WB6RQN)
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/