From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of KC2TN
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 8:12 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Firewire connect problem

A little help please......

I've just upgraded my computer to an ASUS P8P67 motherboard with an i7-2600K
along with a REVO SDD card.
I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit.
The ASUS MB firewire port is a VIA VT6308P controller chipset.

While the computer works AWSOME...the fastest one I've ever put together, I'm
having problems getting my F5K working with the integrated firewire port.

It appears I've got a firewire connectivity issue.

I've loaded and removed PSDR 2.0.22 and the driver a few times with no success.

The 3.5.5.10185 driver loads OK but I get "no device found" when connecting the
F5K. The firewire cable is from Granite.

I've tried the default Win7 Driver in addition to the "Legacy driver" with No
Joy!

Before I go out and purchase a PCIe Firewire card, does anyone have any
suggestions?

BTW the only other Firewire device I have is my iPod which works OK on the new
computer and the integrated firewire port.
Also, the F5K still works fine on my old computer.

Thanks,
Joe - KC2TN