On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Steven L Hess <[email protected]> wrote:

> Would adding a BCB filter improve my receiver performance on 75 meter and
> up?


Maybe.


> Would it cut the general RF crud below 75 meters from entering my receiver
> and degrading it's performance?.


Maybe. The 3000 already has bandpass front-end filters which should get rid
of a lot of that but more won't hurt.


> I am in a urban environment and am trying to cut down the crud RF that
> reaches my Flex-3000.
>

That is the way to do it.


>
> I notice that I.C.E. is not accepting orders at this time. Is there a
> alternate source as good a I.C.E. for a transceive BCB filter?
>

Have you checked Array Solutions and Dunestar? They appear to have band-pass
filters.


>
> If I disconnect my antenna system from the back of my F3K I notice I am
> getting a S-1 reading on my S meter on 30 meters. It varies by band with 160
> being the first mark on the meter which I guess is a half an S-unit, 75 S-1,
> 60 S-2, 40 though 15 S-1 15 and 12 meters 1/2 a S-unit and 10 and 6 zero
> S-units. Is this the normal situation or is RF entering my rig by another
> path?
>

It is not abnormal for your transceiver to show a noise level at S1 or above
with no signal present and the preamp turned off. Plug in a dummy load and
try switching on the preamp. If the noise level as displayed on the S-meter
drops, your rig is not picking up anything but internal noise. That is
perfectly normal.

-- 
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.
Cameron Park, CA 95682
[email protected]
+1.767.617.1365 (Dominica)
+1.931.492.6776 (USA)
(+1.931.4.WB6RQN)
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to