Michael,

It takes me some experimentation every time I set up Writelog to do CW so here
we go...  this time I get to write it down too!

WL keying is handled without pass through via DDUtil.

You will need two Virtual Serial Port pairs - one for radio control, the other
for keyer control.

Let's use COM10/COM18 and COM11/COM19

Let's assume that we are using COM10/18 as the RCP link between DDUtil and
Writelog.  On the RCP tab of DDUtil, configure COM18 and RCP2 (you can use any
of the RCP entries).

Start Writelog and open the Port Setup page (Tools menu, Ports)...

Step 1 - configure the CAT support so WL knows what mode/frequency its on.

- Set the first radio line as:

COM10 as the comm port.
CW check box - unchecked
Rig type = Kenwood
Baud rate = default
Poll - checked
Comm PTT - NO

Step 2 - configure the keyer support

- Set the second radio line as:

COM11 as the comm port
CW check box - checked
Rig Type - No Rig
Baud rate - default
Poll - checked
Comm PTT - Yes

Step 3 - tell WL to generate CW

Set CW Keyer Type to "PC Generates"

Step 4 - set the PTT control

Click on the CW PTT button
Check - Command Rig on COM port
Set PTT to CW Delay - 20 or 30 milliseconds

Step 5 - configure PowerSDR Setup via the Setup menu item

a) On the CAT Control tab, insure that PTT control is NOT enabled - you do this
by clearing RTS and DTR in the dialog.

b) On the DSP/Keyer tab, set the Connections controls as :

Primary - Radio
Secondary - COM19
PTT Line - DTR
Key Line - RTS

Click on Apply and you should be DONE!!!!

It would be easier to show this with screen shots but the reflector strips out
screen shots - I'm sending you a separate email message with screen shots from
my set up so you can see whats going on.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Stu K6TU