  From: Tim Ellison
  To: Gary Franklin
  Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 10:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [Flexradio] All was well Until

  Reset the radio back to factory defaults using the feature in the Setup form.

  -Tim

  On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Gary Franklin <franklin6...@att.net> wrote:

    I am running a Flex 5000 on Vista and everything was flawless until!  I
decided to setup for the digital modes.  I downloaded VAC 4.09 and VSP Manager.
Installation went according to instructions ..... I set them both up with no
problem.... then I started Power SDR and it was all down hill from there....
Power SDR loads but even before I turn on the power the band selection switch
pulses between 80 meters and WWV resulting in the  frequency display flashing
between WWV and 80 meters. The  AGC and Drive slider controls also pulsate
between half setting to full setting alternately.  It gets better .... when I
turn the power switch it really go bonkers!  Starts scanning frequency, changes
bands, etc. all on its own!  Interestingly I have been able to get back to
normal operation by energizing the MOX (transmit) as long as It happens in a
ham band.  This of course does not last... I can turn the power off but I
cannot exit PowerSDR with out using the Task Manager to shut down.  Reboot and
power gives the same result.

    I uninstalled VAC and VSP Manager .... no change.... I suspect I need to
deal with the BOX. Any suggestions before I go further.

    Thanks,
    Gary   K8BKB

  -Tim
  ---