As I’m always interested in amplifiers I decided to take a quick look at the
manual for the KPA500 amp.

I have not done an in depth review of the manual but this is what I have found
so far.

1. Page 8 of Owners Manual
    “ The KPA500 automatically measures the frequency of the RF drive and
selects the proper band.
    Apparently like most modern devices the amplifier will automatically band
switch with just the frequency input.
    This bypasses the need for any special hardware or software.

2. Page 16 of Owners Manual
    BCD can be set to the KPA500 using the AUX Connector Interface. (Page 16 of
of owners manual)
    This is a DB-15 pin connector.
    Pin 5 is ground
    Pin 13 is Bit 0
    Pin 3 is Bit 1
    Pin 9 is Bit 2
    Pin 14 is Bit 3

    In addition Pin 10 can be used to key the amplifier and Pin 11 can be used
to inhibit the amplifier operation (good for SteppIR’s)

3.  There are 2- RS232 connections.  On is for connection to a PC used for for
firmware updates.  The other is connects the amplifier
    to Kenwood transceivers.

Seems to me that using one of the above methods you should be able to connect
this amplifier to just about any computer or radio.

There is certainly much more information in the manual but it appears to me
that this amplifier can be driven from several different sources.

** Has a built in power supply, 100-120V, 200-250V.
** Frequency coverage 160-6M
** Kit price $2000.00 ($1999.95), factory assembled $2400 ($2399.95)   for 500
Watts ??

Don kd6hq