From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Brown
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 7:20 AM
To: Flex reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] DDUtil profiles

I'm wondering if anyone else has had trouble with DDUtil not remembering the
settings after it's been shut down?  About 75% of the time when I start up
the program, at least one of the COM port settings has changed.  What I did
was put everything exactly like I want it, make notes in the space provided
as to programs and ports, and then save the profile.  That way I can easily
recall the profile after the program loads up to have the necessary configs
to operate.  It's an easy fix but a little annoying.  It works fine after
recalling the program.

In case it matters, here's my order of operations:  turn on PS, turn on
Flex5k, load DDUtil, load Minideluxe (in RCP2 as suggested and not RCP1),
load HRD Logger....  I'm using what I believe to be the most current version
of DDUtil which is 2.0something.  I can't remember the exact number but I
did upgrade from 1.8 and it's a whole lot more stable now.  The computer is
Win7 Ultimate x64.  Maybe I just need to uninstall and re-install program?
I know VSPmgr specifically says to run in WinXP compatibiltiy mode as
Admin.  Do I need to do that with this program, too?  Also I think I
remember the instructions for VSPmgr saying to save it to C:\ and not in
Program Files as windows typically wants to install it.  I couldn't find
anything specifically recommending these actions for this program.  Maybe
that would help?  I think maybe these programs are written my the same
person?

Also, one last question I haven't found addressed in the wiki is what
program should be used for RCP1?  I only ask because Minideluxe said not to
use it there, which is where I would've naturally thought to put it.  Is it
reserved for some specific program or just a conflict with that program for
whatever reason?  I'm really enjoying this learning process and playing
around with SDR.  All that can be done with software control using just a
computer and firewire cable totally amazes me! Thanks for the input or maybe
leading me in the direction to find out more.  Enjoy the holiday.

Jeff

believed to be clean.