Watch big dope slap....

I was thinking after the mention of ground failure that first it seemed like my
Flex was not hearing the mike.  Then I thought of how it seemed to be getting
worse and worse.  Finally the light dawned.  Duh.  The mike batteries were
giving out.  Went and checked the batteries, 1.3v.  Swapped in new ones (1.6v)
and problem solved !

Next time dumb Dave says his radio is dying, ask him to check his mike batteries.