Ignacio,

I said that it would not be incorporated into SDRDataTransfer because it
would be a "throwaway" function.  That is, you would only need to use it
once & then never again.

I had actually started to develop a standalone utility that would do the
conversion.  Again, I stopped working on it for the same reasons.  1>) If
you only have a few memories stored, it is just as easy to re-enter them by
hand, and 2.) it is a function that you will only need to use once.
However, IF there are enough users out there that need it, I could possibly
be persuaded to complete the standalone utility.

Trying to use a program like Excel to move the data would be a real
challenge.  Doing it with Microsoft Access is possible, but it would be
tedious.  The procedure would be:

1.  MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE MEMORY.XML FILE!!!!!
2.  Create a new blank database using Microsoft Access.
3.  Import the PowerSDR database into the new database using the Import
External Data function.
4.  Delete all tables from the new database except for the Memory table.
5.  Modify the structure of the Memory table to match the structure of the
memory.xml file -- adding, deleting, & renaming fields as necessary.
6.  Export the Memory table to a new memory.xml file using the Export
External Data function.

You are probably going to have to look at every record in the Memory table
anyway, so it may be easier just to re-enter the memories by hand.

*****NOTICE**********NOTICE**********NOTICE*****
Let me go on record as stating that, I DO NOT RECOMMEND that anyone use this
method to try to move memory data from the old database to the new
memory.xml file.

73, Ray, K9DUR
http://k9dur.info