I just upgraded my Flex 3000 from 2.0.22 to 2.1.5 PowerSDR. I rebooted to
make sure the PC was clean, installed PowerSDR 2.1.5 and rebooted again.
When I powered up the Flex 3000 it went through the usual stuff like a new
radio. Then it said I needed a firmware upgrade which I agreed to. The
firmware upgrade seemed to go fine and then I got a dialog box with a
caption of;

"Fatal Error" External component has thrown an exception.

at PowerSder.Pal.ReadOp(Opcode, , UInt32 data1, UInt32 data2, UInt32& rtn)

atPowerSDR.Console.LoadFWCFirmware(string version)

.

at PowerSDR.Console.Main(String[] args)

Now looking at the stack trace I think the firmware installed correctly but
when it tried to start the process for PowerSDR the call failed. In this
case everything is ok and MS just had a problem trying to start PowerSDR.
Or, did the firmware not get updated correctly.

The radio seems to work fine, imported my database and on the Setup/Hardware
tab the firmware is listed as 2.0.7.2.

Pete W6OP