Stig,

I have been very impressed with the Flex-1500’s audio system accuracy.
Because the direct-conversion signal goes directly into a CODEC to be
digitized, there is no string of IF and AF amplifiers to affect the signal.
>From the CODEC, the digitized signal goes via USB to the PC at a maximum
sample rate of 48,000 samples per second.  From the Power SDR application, I
then use VAC (Virtual Audio Cables) to distribute the audio to other
applications, so again, the frequency response is ‘digital’ flat from near 0
Hz to almost 24,000 Hz.  I just ran a test using PSDR’s built-in noise
generator and DL4YHF’s Spectrum Lab for signal analysis.  The software
generated white noise traveled across the USB cable, D/A in the CODEC, A/D
in the same CODEC, and back across the USB cable.  The measured frequency
response was flat within ½ Hz form near 0 Hz to almost 24 kHz.  I will send
the spectrum graph to you directly.

The Flex-1500 used the Texas Instruments TLV320AIC33 CODEC.  Here is the
datasheet link so you can see all of the specifications:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlv320aic33.pdf

John Stuart, KM6QX