I am going to submit this as a feature request, but I also wanted to see if
anyone else thinks it may be viable in the way that they operate,
particularly in contests or DX.

I use a USB external number keypad.  I keep it in close proximity to my CW
paddle and Flex Control.  Provided that I have focus on PowerSDR, all I have
to do is key in a frequency and hit enter to go immediately to that
frequency.  While one of my spotting software programs will tune to the DX
frequency through CAT control, I may sometimes use more than one cluster.  Or
I may want to just go to a particular frequency for one reason or another.

Of course, the problem is that you must have Windows focused on Flex in
order for the keypad to work.  Worst case is that I end up typing numbers
into something that I don’t intend to like my logging or spotting software.

So, what if the keypad could be dedicated to address the Flex VFO regardless
of focus?  Much like the Flex Control does on vernier tuning, the keypad
could do on direct entry tuning.  External keypads are cheap and readily
available

I have no idea what kind of programming or driver it would take – hopefully
someone a lot more adept at these things than I am can figure that out.

Is this a sensible feature request or have I had too much RF exposure?

73,

Steve Miller
w6sdm.net