Sadly, on the processors with TurboBoost you have to enable Speedstep to get
the TurboBoost.

What I do is go to the Power Control Panel (assuming Win7 OS btw) and select
the High Performance profile. Then, in that profile go to 'change advanced
settings" and turn off Thermal Protection (I think thats what they call it,
its in the processor group of settings).

This will result in you achieving the Turbo boost performance without the OS
throttling back the cores.

What a crazy scheme (making you eat SpeedStep to get Turboboost).

73

--
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com