Hi Dave!

Welcome to the world of FlexRadio SdRs! Its an incredible experience (I
bought the first generation SDR-1000 as something to play with between the
end of basketball season and the start of baseball season and after a month
of play, I sold my two TT Orions and Icom 756Pro2).

XP is a great system to use with the Flex. First thing I would do to prepare
is to read the Tweakhound's "Super XP Tweaking Guide" at
www.tweakhound.comand perform the tweaks he himself uses (there are a
lot of tweaks defined
that he doesn't personally use and I would avoid them). Bypass the Services
section of the Super Tweaking Guide as there is a better source for that.

After doing that, go to www.blackviper.com and look at the list of Services
that he would disable for "Safe" operation.

That will give you a great start!

73
Neal

--