Depending on where the shack ground is, it may be MORE important do have a short ground ( no longer than the length of the firewire cable) between the computer chassis and the Flex chassis... ( and NO chokes that ground ! )

Al, K0VM

On 9/12/2011 12:00 PM, flexradio-requ...@flex-radio.biz wrote:
From: Ray, K9DUR
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:11 PM
To:fmeac...@aol.com  ;flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Current Flex 3000 software shuts down when runninghigh
power.

Frank,

That definitely sounds like RF feedback.  The most likely culprit is the
firewire cable.  I had the same issue running my amp with my FLEX-5000A.

First, make certain that your PC is connected to the shack ground.  After
all, it is better than half of the radio.

If you are using the stock firewire cable that came with the rig, replace it
with the one by Granite Digital.  Is costs about $40&  is availabel from
Flex.

Finally, if you still are having problems, add ferrite chokes at each end of
the firewire cable.

The above steps eliminated my RF feedback problems entirely.  Now I can run
1kW on all bands with no issues.

73, Ray, K9DUR
http://k9dur.info