Tim,

I also do not see output power, in the AM mode, as you describe. I am
running a 5000A and PSDR-2.2.3. I record the following numbers. The Fwd Pwr
as displayed on the PSDR console match the readings observed on a Bird 43
wattmeter.

AM Carrier Level = 100.0
Drive = 100
Fwd Pwr = 120W

AM Carrier Level = 50.0
Drive = 100
Fwd Pwr = 75W

AM Carrier Level = 50
Drive = 50
Fwd Pwr = 34W

I got the same readings on both 160M and 80M. I did not try other bands.
These power levels have occurred since PSDR-2.1.5. Previous to PSDR-2.1.5
the AM power levels were much lower. I never run more than 20W carrier out
of the 5000A during AM operation.

Hope this info helps.
73,
Bill - W1MPY