Actually, AClog will do the same thing, has a built in DX cluster, keeps
track of contacts, etc. Easy clean interface with minimal resources used.

John W8JJW

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Jack Haverty
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:45 PM
To: Tony Estep
Cc: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] JT65-HF

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Tony Estep <estept...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no way to go directly from any logging program to LOTW the
> way you can with eQSL.

Actually, there's an addon to HRD's logbook, called "HRD Utilities" which
automates the LOTW process, both uploading and downloading.  After every
major session, I just click the icon and it looks at the log, finds all the
Qs which have not yet been uploaded, does the encryption/signing, and
uploads to LOTW.  All I have to do is type in my LOTW password.  Another
button downloads all confirmations received since the last time, and updates
the log entries to indicate that a LOTW QSL was received so that the award
tracking screens are correct.   I've been using this for a few years now.  I
use MiniDeluxe with HRDLog and DM780.  If you do PTT by COM port RTS, it
doesn't have the problems of PTT via CAT.  I especially like the HRDLog
feature where you select a bunch of Qs, hit Lookup>GoogleEarth, and it plots
those QSOs on the Earth globe.   Works very well.

HRD doesn't do contesting well, so for that I use N1MM and export contest
logs in ADIF, then upload them into HRDLog (and from there they get to
LOTW).

/Jack de K3FIV