And I believe the same is true for FM too.

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison, W4TME
Product Management, Sales & Support
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)
4616 W Howard Ln Ste 1-150
Austin, TX 78728
Phone: 512-535-4713 Ext. 223
Email: t...@flexradio.com <mailto:t...@flexradio.com>
Web: www.flexradio.com <http://www.flexradio.com>

logo
/Tune In Excitement^(TM)
PowerSDR^(TM) is a trademark of FlexRadio Systems/

On 10/28/2011 4:42 PM, Bob McGwier wrote:
In order to get the carrier through the QSE (the exciter), it must be offset
from zero.  This means you would hear a loud heterodyne and offtuned double
sideband speech.  It would not be very pleasant to listen to.

Bob
N4HY