Message: 7
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 15:10:34 -0600
From: Tony Estep <estept...@gmail.com>
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] CW Skimmer

.... Any help appreciated...

John, ve3dvv

Tnx Bob, Tony and others who responded.

  Obviously I had not read the instructions in enough detail, because I
did not click the 'Radio' icon in Skimmer. All my other Digi programs don't
have such a thing.  I now have made a note to the effect that the program
does not work unless the button is clicked.
Not sure what the purpose is
for the button except to confuse the innocent (me). May be there is a better
explanation..  If anyone knows please let me know....
   John, ve3dvv

=============
John, here is my setup for CW-Skimmer.

Of course, the first thing to do is get DDUtil and VAC set up and working,
as you must do in any event with any Flex installation.

On the DDUtil RCP screen, I have RCP2 set to a virtual port whose other
side connects to CWS (more info below). On that same screen, connect CWS to
a different virtual port.

Then on CW-Skimmer settings (View>Settings), go to the Radio page and
choose SoftRock-IF, 48 Khz. Set CW pitch to 600 and Audio IF to 9600 Hz.

On the Audio page set soundcard driver to MME, Signal Device to the VAC
line that is connected to PSDR's audio OUT, and Audio device to the VAC
line that is connected to PSDR's audio IN.

On the CW-Skimmer CAT page, click Use Radio 2 (TS-2000), then press
Configure. Under Configure, set the port to the other half of the RCP port
mentioned above.

I don't claim this setup is the only one possible, but it works great for
me.

In particular, it allows you to see both VFOA and VFOB when working split.
This is really the whole point of CW-Skimmer, is to figure out which guy in
the pileup the DX station is listening to. Of course, you need to have
tuning wheels for VFOA and VFOB -- mouse tuning in a split DX pileup really
leaves you at a hopeless disadvantage to your competitors. I use the
Hercules interface to control PSDR; again, I don't claim it's the only way,
but it works great for me.

Good luck with CW-Skimmer -- it can be pretty helpful in a big pile.

73,
Tony KT0NY