The deal is that Microsoft tracks the CPU ID with the serial number. You
can indeed move it judiciously but you often have to talk with someone at
Microsoft. I haven't seen a pattern on this but if you have accidentally
installed the wrong serial number on a machine, its worth it to talk to
someone to clear it up. Never had any issue.

But still, just know its registered to the CPU (you can move the CPU to a
different motherboard and it will activate just fine).

73

--
Neal Campbell
Owner