On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Jack Haverty <j...@3kitty.org> wrote:

> ....QtRadio is a client SDR program, which
>  can access SDR servers across LAN or WAN (Internet). The servers supported
> include softrocks, hpsdr, Ettus USRP and Perseus. The QtRadio client can
> run on Windows (Rx only at present) and Linux (RxTx)....

===========

Catching up on old email, I saw Jack's mention of this very interesting
project, which I've been following for a while. For those interested in
future SDR possibilities, QtRadio is well worth checking out. A single
server can support a lot of clients, using the SDR remotely across a
variety of network connections.

Another interesting branch of SDR development is reflected in the various
projects encompassed in GNURadio and OpenSDR. A particularly interesting
OpenSDR variant is the Beagleboard project in which an SDR is run on a tiny
embedded processor running Narcissus Linux. It illustrates just how one can
get by with a very lightweight processor for detection and filtering if the
SDR has the whole machine.

Some of the links for these projects can be found at

http://www.opensdr.com/node/17
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki
and
http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ghpsdr3

At present, these approaches make considerable demands on the technical
proficiency of the user, but there are many contributors working on them,
and that will probably change with time.

73,
Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352