At 09:11 11/26/2011, Peter G. Viscarola wrote:
<quote>
Just remember that OEM copies do not allow any support from Microsoft (thats why its cheaper).

Did you know that studies have shown that tech support from "Call a Psychic" are more satisfying than MS tech support? Neither was able to answer the question, but the psychic made the caller feel better about the interaction.

You are supposed to call your OEM (the company that supplied your system) for any support queries including Microsoft.

Just remember and realize you will not get very far with their Customer Service with the cheaper product.
</quote>

Neal took the words right out of my mouth.

Selling OEM copies of Windows is also a license violation (for the OEM selling the copies, not for you USING that copy).

Unless you plan to do your own support, I would suggest that buying an OEM copy of Windows is a false economy.

Peter
K1PGV

Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     Programming since 1959
All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html