XYL VE3HEN bought me a set of Bose 15 noise-cancelling headphones so she can 
watch TV and talk on the phone in our home office while I operate from a desk 
five feet away. And the headphones are terrific at cancelling out VE3HEN (this 
could be a marriage saver) while I can hear the DX perfectly :) Highly 
recommend the Bose if you need noise cancelling.

On CQ WX CW test this weekend noticed a hissing noise in the headphones. Very 
annoying. So I emailed Dudley at Flex for this thoughts before I sent the 1500 
in for repairs.

Seems the Bose come from the factory with the sensitivity switch set to high. 
The switch is located in the plug that goes into the ear piece. Turned to low 
and the hiss goes away. Didn't notice this when working SSB but was quiet 
evident on CW with quiet band conditions.

BTW and not making any promises about future behaviour but Dudley got back to 
my email this morning within 15 minutes of receiving it and sent a second email 
after consulting with one of the Flex engineers about the Bose headphones.

AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Thanks Flex and thanks Dudley.

Best regards,

Peter - VE3HG
VE3HG Blog
Follow VE3HG On Twitter






_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to