Actually...It does not!.  I absolutely agree that a fast CPU with 4 or more 
megs of memory are Preferred but certainly not a requirement.  I  successfully 
run my Flex 3000 with both an old HP laptop with a built in 4 pin firewire and 
HP desktop with built in 6 pin.    The desktop has and Athalon 2600 (n220 
model) with the memory maxed out a one meg.  The Laptop is a DV5000 with Intel 
T2050 @1.60GHz 798 MHz with 2 GB RAM.  Both XP 3.  I doubt either of these 
machines would bring $150 max but they do work. CPU usage runs about 50% at the 
high.  Not a machine for multitasking with SDR but they are a way to get a Flex 
on the air. Let's not scare off any would be Flex users saying that a $500 
computer has to be part of the package.  K3PD
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to