I hear what everyone is saying and I, too, find it a PIA to stand up,
turn the box around, diddle with the bumpy bits, turn it back, sit
back down.

But the advantage of moving the bumps to the front must be weighed
against the aesthetic of having one's shack look like an old fashioned
patch cord PBX.  I don't know about you folks but I have a whole lot
of stuff connected to the various bumps.

Most of us are constantly trying to tame the mad wires and cables.
I'm not sure I deliberately want to make that worse.