To: "Flex Reflector" <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 6:07 PM
Subject: [Flexradio] Knowledge center

Having trouble accessing the KC.  Is it down?

(http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50179.aspx?Keywords=firewire+c
ards

I have a problem with f3k, long delays etc.  I am thinking that the weak
link here is the el-cheapo firewire card, and was looking for
recommendations for a pci or pci express card to get on order. The card I
have was given to me as a pull from a fellow ham's computer that he didn't
want or need. I don't even know what is, but seems to work OK. I have been
having lots of delays in updates for N1MM and CW Skimmer. Also with N1MM
sending cw, it sends bad stuff, like missing dah's or extra long dits and
dah's.  The key works just fine (thru a K1EL keyer).

I think maybe the fireware card is the culprit, but not sure and as they
don't cost a lot, it would be worthwhile to replace with a known reliable
product.  Using Win7. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob, K4DJG