I use a Shuttle Pro V2 for other applications but I was not happy with it at all for PowerSDR. Like Jim, I'm now using my mouse (Logitech MX Revolution), which has assignable buttons/wheels. Works great. I can operate most of the PowerSDR functions from the mouse. This is my current setup - work in progress:

Top wheel forward/back = freq up/down
Top wheel left/right =  drive down/up
Top button = MOX
Side button 1 = VFO Lock/unlock
Side button 2 = n/a
Side wheel = volume mute/volume up/volume down

Issues:
Not all of the buttons on the PowerSDR screen have documented keyboard shortcuts, so they can't be assigned to the mouse. The Logitech config software for assigning functions to the mouse is one of the crappiest applications I have ever used. Love the mouse, but when it dies, I think I'm going for something like this if it works with all my apps:

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Laser-Gaming-Mouse-RZ01-00280100-R3/dp/B002MPPRPO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323551698&sr=8-4 <http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Laser-Gaming-Mouse-RZ01-00280100-R3/dp/B002MPPRPO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323551698&sr=8-4>

73,
Bill KF5MTW

Jim Jerzycke wrote:
I've got one of those, and the other big USB ShuttlePro "Super Mouse" thing.

I've gone through setting them up, doing the configurations, and for a casual user like myself, it's not worth it.

I prefer to use just my Logitch Trackman Wheel, as It does everything I need, and it's easier to use.

73, Jim  KQ6EA